How and when you sell your timber can determine the return on your investment and the cost of reforestation. It’s important to understand what you have, the available markets and who can help you. Below are links to articles with information to help you get started.
- North Carolina Lumber Production, Consumption, and Revenue Trends 1998 to 2016
- Timber Sales: A Planning Guide for Landowners
- Quarterly Price Report
- Landowner’s Guide for Selling Timber
- Working With a Forester
- Are You Growing Your Best Timber? (video)
- Marketing Your Timber: A Landowner’s Guide
- Timber Selling Tips: Forestry Fact Sheet for Landowners
- Selling Timber: What a Landowner Needs to Know
- Markets for Longleaf Pine
- Does Longleaf Make Dollars and Sense?
- Cutting at Financial Maturity – Maximizing the Financial Return of Your Woodland
- Sustainably Growing Timber, Pasture and Livestock: Trees Into Pasture (video)