One important step in planning for your forest’s future is to determine what will happen to your land when you are no longer able to manage it. The articles below provide helpful information on these topics.
- Planning for the Future of Your Land
- What is a Forest Legacy?
- Your Legacy, Your Land
- Where There is a Will, There is a Way
- The Surviving Spouse
- Growing Families, Not Just Trees (video)
- Passing On Land and the Role of Resource Professionals (webinar)
- Preserving the Family Woods
- Planning for Your Estate
- Your Estate Plan – Where to Begin
- Finding the Right Estate Planner
- How Do You Own Your Property?
- Estate Plan Documents Explained
- Property Decisions for Estate Planning
- Estate Planning for Forest Landowners
- Passing On Land and the Role of Resource Professionals (video)
- Ties to the Land: Succession versus Estate Planning
- Forest Stewardship – Estate Planning
- Estate for Forest Landowners: What Will Become of Your Timberland?
- Creating a Limited Liability Company or Corporation
- Conservation Agreements: What You Need to Know
- The Benefits of a Conservation Easement
- Conservation and Historic Preservation Easements
- Use of Conservation Easements in Estate and Conservation Planning