N.C. Tree Farm Program Scholarship Information
The N.C. Tree Farm Program Board of Directors has established a $500 Scholarship in 2021 to assist the child or grandchild of a North Carolina Tree Farmer in the pursuit of higher education in a field of the recipient’s choice. This scholarship is funded through donor contributions and by individual Tree Farmers.
A Scholarship Selection Committee appointed by the president of the N.C. Tree Farm Program Board of Directors will screen the scholarship candidates and select this year’s recipient. The successful applicant will be awarded $500 for higher learning expenses for one academic year. The school, college or university must be accredited by the appropriate regional associations of two- to four-year schools, colleges and universities.
Applicants must be a high school senior or high school graduate who will enroll in a school, college or university for the Fall 2023 semester or a current school/college/university student who will enroll as a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior for the Fall 2023 semester. Applicants must submit all required information by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only submit the information requested on the application form. Extra pages, photos, letters, etc. will be discarded. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have questions, please contact the N.C. Tree Farm Program at 919-917-8646 or email@example.com.
- This Tree Farm scholarship is awarded for a period of one academic year. The scholarship is renewable one time.
- No application will be considered for award unless the Scholarship Selection Committee receives all required information by the deadline.
- Scholarship funds will be paid by August 1 directly to the awardee for higher learning expenses. The scholarship recipient is required to notify the academic institution of the award.
- Recipient must be a child or grandchild of a Tree Farmer who is currently certified into the N.C. Tree Farm Program. (Tree Farmers who are enrolled in ATFS Independently Managed Groups are not eligible.)
- Recipient must agree to have recipient’s name, picture and school/college/university published by the N.C. Tree Farm Program.
Submit applications by 5 p.m. on June 30, 2023.