N.C. Tree Farm Program Scholarship Information
Application Deadline is 5 p.m. June 18, 2021
The N.C. Tree Farm Program Board of Directors established the Scholarship in 2021 to provide assistance to the child or grandchild of a North Carolina Tree Farmer in the pursuit of higher education in a field of his or her choice. This scholarship is funded through donor contributions and from individual North Carolina Tree Farmers.
Screening and selection of the scholarship candidates will be by a Scholarship Selection Committee appointed by the president of the N.C. Tree Farm Program Board of Directors. The successful applicant will be awarded $500 to the academic institution of his/her choice for one academic year. The school, college or university must be accredited by the appropriate regional associations of two- to four-year schools, colleges and universities.
Applicant must be a high school senior who will enroll in a school, college or university for Fall 2021 or a current school/college/university student who will enroll as a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior for the Fall 2021 semester. Applicant must submit all required information by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
1. This Tree Farm scholarship is awarded for a period of one academic year. The scholarship is renewable one time.
2. No application will be considered for award unless the Scholarship Selection Committee receives all required information by the deadline.
3. Scholarships are awarded for the purpose of attending a specific institution and may not be transferred to any other institution except by prior authorization from the Scholarship Selection Committee.
4. Funds awarded to the student will be sent directly to the approved institution of the student’s choice by August 1.
5. Recipient must be a child or grandchild of a Tree Farmer who is currently certified into the N.C. Tree Farm Program. (Tree Farmers who are enrolled in ATFS Independently Managed Groups are not eligible.)
6. Recipient must agree to have his/her name, picture and school/college/university published by the N.C. Tree Farm Program.
Only submit the information requested below.
Extra pages, photos, letters, etc. will be discarded.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.