Forest Stewardship Program
The N.C. Forest Stewardship Program offers technical assistance in developing a stewardship management plan based on landowners’ objectives. Plans include a schedule of management activities to enhance the forest for wildlife, soil and water quality, timber production, recreational opportunities and natural beauty. The program recognizes participants for achievements in promoting total forest resource management.
Here are the requirements for a qualifying management plan for participation in the Forest Stewardship Program.
- N.C. Cooperative Extension
- Natural Resources Conservation Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Farm Services Agency, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- N.C. Division of Soil and Water Conservation
- Private consulting foresters and other natural resource professionals