- This event has passed.
Wild Mushroom Certification
October 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - October 20, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$250
Wild Mushroom Safety & Identification Certification students who successfully complete this two-day class will be eligible for a 5-year permit enabling them to forage and sell wild mushrooms. The mushroom foraging permit meets the criteria required by the health department in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, New York, and New Jersey. Stesha Warren of Eliana’s Garden, LLC has over 20 years foraging experience and is the instructor for this class, teaching the renowned course developed by Mushroom Mountain, LLC, a mushroom cultivation and research facility located in Easley, SC.
This two day class is held at Rockingham Community College in Wentworth, NC. Bishopric Building Room 108. We will spend a great deal of time taking a in depth look into each species approved by NC Dept of Health. As time allows we will also spend time in the beautiful forests and trails located on RCC campus identifying wild mushrooms.
Students should come prepared to take notes. Please also come prepared to be in the forest with attire appropriate for the weather, bug spray, identification key book, harvest knife, and basket or paper bag.
**This class qualifies for criteria III and criteria IV credit for the NC Environmental Education Certification program. Bring the EE form if you are seeking this credit**
Students will receive a study guide and slides 2 weeks ahead of the class.
Register by phone: Call 336-342-4261 ext. 2011 to register by phone and pay with credit or debit.
(1) Go to this web address:
(2) Click “Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes”
(3) For “key word” type in the word “mushroom”
(4) Both Fall and Spring classes will come up.
(5) Check the “select” box next to the class you wish to register for, then click the “submit” button. Do NOT click on the class name in blue underlined font to register. If you click on the blue class name, it will take you to the course description but does not allow you to register.
(6) A registration confirmation should come up on the screen. If not, the student should call us at 336-342-4261 ext. 2107 to confirm they are registered.
Please refer any questions to Trevor Flanery at email@example.com.