- This event has passed.
ForestHer NC: Getting to Know Your Land (Mountains)
August 29, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Meet other women woodland owners and natural resource professionals in your area and learn about:
- Forest ecosystems in North Carolina and their historical use
- Identifying the types of forests you own
- Defining a vision for your land
- The role your woodland plays in the greater landscape
- Balancing multiple land management objectives
- Forest management plans and why they’re important
- Reading aerial photographs and topographical maps
- Locating your land on the county tax website
- Resources available to help you manage your land
While this event is designed for women, all are welcome to attend.
Lunch and continuing education credits (CFE, EE and TWS) will be provided.